Insulation of mansards and roof tops
The ceiling of the mansard separates the living accommodations from the surroundings, that is why it has to be ideally insulated, thermally as well as sonically, to ensure the minimal influence of the environment on the living space. Insulation FonaTerm® has excellent thermal and acoustic characteristics, it prides itself in minimal subsiding coefficient, which guaranties us long term optimal insulation. So the use of FonaTerm® is ideal when we want to combine thermal and sonic insulation.
With different densities of the in-blown FonaTerm® - granular insulation we achieve suitable sonic insulation of the wall, according to assumed intention.
Example of process of insulation of mansard with FonaTerm® - granular
- We make the supporting construction of manufactured wall, which we then attach to the floor, ceiling and walls and we connect the junctures with the washer tape.
- On the both sides we fix cast-cardboard plates on the supporting construction.
- On the upper part of the wall, right below the ceiling, we drill the holes into the cast-cardboard plates.
- FonaTerm® - granular insulation is blown in through the holes with the special machine- on the pipe system to each compartment of the manufactured wall, in order to fill it with appropriate density, which is achieved with suitable ratio between the blowing in pressure and quantity of the in-blown material.
- The drilled holes in cast-cardboard plates are closed and washed with washer tape.
Mansard manufactured wall insulated like this is insulated in one piece without thermal and sonic bridges, which is very efficient and significant for thermal and sonic insulation.